Monday, March 30, 2015

Squirrel!

Look how cute I am!
Ah, Michigan wildlife. As a birder, I am very excited for this spring season because, as I mentioned before, so many new birds! Since moving here, however, I've had some other wildlife moments apart from birding. Last fall during a hike in the woods, there were several white-tailed deer, which is very cool for me because in Oregon and Washington, we've got mostly mule deer. But really, one of the best things about Michigan are the black squirrels. I just thought they were cute, but Kevin decided to investigate. So, we learned (well, Kevin learned and told me) that they are a melanistic subgroup of grey squirrels. They are also more populous in the Midwest (thus why I'd never seen them before). But really, what's most important is that they are super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment