Sunday, March 15, 2015

Friendsgiving

I'm not sure what you do on the weekends, but here in Lansing my weekends mostly consist of 1. homework & reading 2. grocery shopping 3. watching TV (I'm 9 seasons into Murder She Wrote) 4. thinking that it just feels like any other day. Although I should add, that on Sundays we often get together with our neighbors to play games. This Sunday, however, they had a Friendsgiving. That is to say, they had a bunch of friends over and cooked a Thanksgiving meal just for the heck of it. Unfortunately, I was not able to go because I've fallen sick again. I know, AGAIN. And it's bad, real bad. So, Kevin went across the street for Friendsgiving while I stayed home and did homework (while watching Murder She Wrote). He popped back home after about 30 minutes with a big plate of home-cooked food, and I have to say, there is nothing more healing than gobbling up Thanksgiving food in March when one has the flu. It was so comforting. For dessert, a steam bowl for my nose.


No comments:

Post a Comment