Monday, March 16, 2015

The Great Melt

In winter, when the plows come at night,
they pickup carts. Then, when the snow
beings to melt, the great "grocery cart
emergence" happens.
One of the hardest things about this winter was having a simple pleasure stripped away from me. Walking. Who knew that when I am unable to walk from Point A to Point B I become extremely grumpy? Walking is how I got around a lot in Seattle. My little rule was that if a place is 3 miles or less than where I am headed, then I can certainly walk there. (Of course, riding my bike is also an option, but not in winter). Plus walking allows for time to listen to the world around me, or a podcast. Now, the great melt is happening, and I am beside myself with joy. The front lawn is visible, we can use our entire drive way now, I don't have to dig a little cubby for the garbage can, and the sidewalks are clear! They are beckoning me to walk! Let's go Emiko! Walk to campus! You love this! They are telling me how dry they are, and that there is no fear of slipping and falling. I am so happy. Just as soon as I get over this flu... Sidewalks, it's just you and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment