Friday, January 9, 2015

So Many to Choose From

I have been trying to brave the cold this week by walking to coffee houses, waiting for the bus, walking quickly to the hardware store, and then accidentally getting off the bus at the wrong stop and having to walk the vast mall parking lot over snow drifts. I've been keeping mostly cozy, but for yesterday I made a note to self: No matter how short the distance (say, 5 blocks) wear thermal underwear. While at the grocery store the other day, I decided to stay inside just a tad bit longer and peruse the magazines. As I sauntered down the aisle, I caught the latest headlines about movie stars, how to get in shape fast, and home decorating. Then I came to the hunting, or guns and ammo, or what one might call the "live free or die" section. I have never seen a guns and ammo magazine section this large before in a grocery store. I mean, it's huge. Two levels, and probably about 7 feet wide. It also includes magazines about how to live off the grid, hunting with a bow, and uh, preparing for doomsday. Mixed in are some weird body building magazines, I think. Or just large bumpy men with guns and scantily clad women. I admit, I was mesmerized. There were so many to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment