Sunday, January 4, 2015

Say Goodbye Carol Brady!

I swear that I'm not obsessed with the Brady Bunch. This is only my second post that references the classic television show. And yes, I meant to write classic television show. But it is much deserved. The reason for the Brady Bunch reference: I finally went to get a bonafide haircut. And not just a "trim to let it grow out because I am on austerity measures right now" but a real, true blue haircut. With each passing day that I didn't make an appointment with my hairdresser, my appearance began to look more and more like Carol Brady. And I'm not talking spunky Carol hair from the first few seasons. I'm talking groovy Carol. With the long flip in the back, some might call it a mullet. I referred to that area of my hair as a tiny untamed animal. Yes friends, my hair was all different lengths and layers doing whatever the heck it wanted to do. Even after I gooped it with product, the wispy ends just flew out in whichever way they wanted.
Some might say, "Oh, it wasn't that bad." But when I went to finally get it cut, even Kaylle my hairdresser commented, "wow, yeah, let's cut this stuff off." So I went from far-out to sasstastic in one hour! I sat down and said, "cut it off to the shortest layer!" We then hemmed and hawed about the bangs, and decided to go full-fringe. No more side-sweepies for me. And I can't even tell you how much time I've already saved by not constantly pinning my hair back or flipping it out of the way. All my hair cares have disappeared, so that now I can concentrate on crafting for one more week before the new semester begins. I think Carol would approve. Here's a salon magazine inspired photo of my new 'do.

1 comment: