Thursday, January 29, 2015

Faux Fur Eyelash

Snow flurries today. And of course, today was the day I planned to walk to campus. I had a meeting with one of my professors to talk through a concept for a paper. In this class, I have a writing partner, and she and I will be writing a paper together, with the aim to have it presented and/or published. I'm not sure that it will be (of course, that would be awesome!) but one of the purposes for this assignment is to write with the intention and on the caliber that it can be. So Meg, my writing partner and I, have been tossing around some ideas and needed to work through them with our prof. And of course, he blew our minds by suggesting a direction for our paper, but I'll save that for another blog post once we get it sorted out.

Knowing that I had this meeting this afternoon, I thought, "Hey, it's gonna be warm, (around 30 degrees) so I should walk." Then, I looked outside when I was about to leave, and it was snowing. At first I rolled my eyes, but I decided to commit to the walk anyway because I have really good boots and leg-warmers. During my walk, much to my delight, I discovered the wonders of the faux-fur trim on my down coat. This trim acts as a kind of giant eyelash. It's pretty amazing. It kept all the snow from blowing into my face, thereby catching it instead in the fake acrylic fur. I do have the option of removing it, because it snaps on and off. But really, after today, why would I ever take it off?

No comments:

Post a Comment