Sunday, November 30, 2014

Save As, New Date

A version for every day of the week
I've spent most of today writing, save for a small break in the afternoon to walk to the craft store. (Because there are some days when I think maybe I would be happier being a craft blogger than a student). And while I write, I've learned a good trick to save every single version of a paper I've been working on. It's really quite obvious, and I'm not sure why I didn't use this method before. Each day I sit down to write, I type type type, then save-as, then the date. It's easy! Then I never have to remember which version I'm working on. I can't say that I actually go back and read any of the other versions, but it gives me some comfort knowing there are 20 different versions of the same paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment