Monday, November 10, 2014

Terrific Brain!

I've become increasingly good at stuffing my brain. Well, getting "good" at this skill wasn't hard to achieve since I wasn't very good at it at all to begin with. It's like earning a trophy for most improved player in kickball when you never played kickball at all, so of course you are most improved! If you can kick the ball at the end of the season and you couldn't at the beginning, what an accomplishment!

Not to diminish brain stuffing and my achievements here.

But my oh my, I'm really packing it in - reading a lot and trying to make it stick. This requires note taking and conversation. This is, however, different than "cramming" because the aim is retention. And when that retention is in place, a web of things learned starts to appear. And connections are made. And I feel inspired because I've not only learned, I can apply! And maybe for a moment I feel terrific and my stuffed brain takes a big deep breath.

And then, another paper is due.

Thank you Garth Williams for the perfect illustration. How did you know this was my brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment