Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Large Loving Extended Family to Take the Homework Blues Away

I wish I was here. Morning walk in Joliet.
I had a moment of panic Friday night, realizing that it was, indeed,  Friday night. Having spent the last two and a half days in Joliet, I didn't get any homework done. I brought it with me, but didn't bother trying to do anything. I do not regret this decision, however it does make the remainder of this weekend less than ideal. So let me reminisce on the good times from Thanksgiving.

It was a fantastic and wonderful time. It was two and a half days of card games, laughter, 3pm pajamas, homemade cappuccinos, cheese disguised as broccoli (that would be a Midwestern casserole) eggnog, labradoodles, a turkey-trot, microbrews, spicy-fried chicken, Poor Boy sandwiches, seconds, and of course, Turkey (pass the dark meat). The best part about spending Thanksgiving in Joliet, though, was the absolute feeling of welcome and love I received. Thank you Pluth Family for giving me some time away and providing a remedy to homework blues.


No comments:

Post a Comment