Friday, October 31, 2014

Week 10

How I organize and keep track of my reading week to week
Sunday, November 2nd marks the beginning of Week 10. I've been doing this doctoral thing for 10 week. It feels like both an eternity and like only two weeks has gone by. The semester is 14 weeks long, plus the last week of exams. My last classes are the week of December 1st. I have an exam on Friday, December 12th. It may sound like I'm looking forward to the end of the semester. Yes, I am.

However, when I calculate that there are only four weeks left (my final papers are all due on December 2nd) and one of those weeks is Thanksgiving, I do feel a little panic. How in the world am I supposed to finish all of these long-term project papers I've been working on? There is so much more to learn to be able to incorporate into these papers. (You can refer back to the limits of my knowledge post here.) Lately it has felt like reading and writing to keep up with learning. Or learning to keep up with writing and reading to keep up with learning. One of my classmates shared this feeling out loud on Tuesday. He said, "I am trying to know enough to be able to write about something I don't know enough about." That about sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment