Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Just Like Home!

I've been lucky the last few times I've ridden home from campus. Just beating a big thunderstorm, or leaving just after a rain shower. I didn't have such luck yesterday.

You know the routine, I have class on Mondays (quantitative methods, and the results are in, I did better than I thought on the exam) and I stayed after just a bit to chat with a classmate. I knew the weather was going to turn at about 5pm, but I also knew that I've been fortunate when it comes to the weather.

So we chatted, we ate some pretzels, then we walked outside where it was pouring down rain. I exclaimed, "ERGH!" And he responded, "Oh no! Did you ride your bike? I can give you a lift home" to which I said, "Oh it's okay, it's only rain, it's just like home." and then I repeated, "JUST LIKE HOME? I mean, I AM home. Where am I? ERGH!" It was raining like Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment