Wednesday, October 22, 2014

In Stride with the Marching Band

Scarf Up for the Chilly Ride!
It was a cold and dry, half sunny day today. I spent a few hours on campus doing some reading, and I had to meet with my supervisor, Jim. I don't really know what to call Jim, I used to refer to him as my assistantship leader person, then I would just say, "Jim, the faculty member who I am assigned to for my assistantship", then I heard someone refer to their assistantship leader person as "supervisor" so I decided to do so as well. (Although I chatted with a couple of 2nd years today and I used "supervisor" and they didn't know what I was talking about. Then I explained the whole conundrum of not knowing what to refer to Jim as, and one responded, "Oh yeah, I call Marilyn my Major Professor. I don't know why." So I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to refer to the faculty that we are assigned to.)

ANYWAY. When I leave campus around the 5 or 5:30 hour like I did today, one of the best parts is riding past the marching band as they practice. It's actually really exciting! I love seeing them practice, with the flag team, and they're all
marching and in formation. Nothing quite like hearing pop tunes with drum roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment