Wednesday, December 24, 2014

We Travel with a Robot Arm

After our first day out in Coeur d'Alene to watch the eagles, we spent the rest of our time there doing some much needed lounging, reading, watching terrible movies, shopping, and last on the list, visiting the Spokane Winter Glow Spectacular. This is a first for Spokane and the lights are located at Riverfront Park near downtown. The sidewalks and paths of the park have little light displays set up all around, and even some Christmas music being piped out near the large fountain in the middle of the park. Since it was the inaugural year, we just had to go! It was kind of like a mini tour of Christmas lights, but only with flat two-dimensional figurine displays. I can't remember the last time I was in Spokane during the Christmas season, I think it may have been almost seven years ago. Even though there was no snow this year, I do appreciate the small city celebration that Spokane embodies.

Next, we flew to Seattle to visit the other side of the family, our robot arm in tow. (It's a gift for one of our friend's children, we think he'll like it). I carried it in my backpack all the way from Detroit, and when the TSA stopped my bag on the security machine I thought for sure it was because of the robot arm. Instead, the TSA agent who was requested to rifle through my bag pulled out my reading book and walkie-talkied over to his buddy, "Hey Mike" and lifted up the 900 page novel of the second book in the Game of Thrones series. I responded "Oh, it's just the book? I thought for sure it would have been the robot arm" at which point the TSA agent made a little robot arm pinching motion himself. We were free to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment