Wednesday, December 3, 2014

It has Been Confirmed

Last night was my last full class for organizational theory. My cohort was divided in their feelings about this class, because the content is not easily accessible, nor is it very inspiring to most. I happened to really enjoy the class. I like talking about theory, and using theory to test against whether a situation might or might not be true. I like the concept of turning something hypothetical into an experiment, to see if what is hypothetical is or isn't actually the outcome of the supposed situation. But that's just me.

During my last class, my professor was describing the process of analytical writing for our exams next year. And he actually said, "You need to have this skill because you will be required to write about things you don't know about, and this is how you do it." So it has been confirmed. I am being asked to write about things I don't know. The feeling I've been having of "lost at sea" because I'm writing about things I don't completely understand is valid. Yet the pieces are coming together, because the skill of knowing how to write about things I don't know about is what my professors are teaching me to do this first year. I find this completely fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment