Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Three Classes a Semester

Today is my last long Tuesday of the semester. As an aside, it's been an adjustment to say "semester" because for years I was on a quarter system. And these semesters are a long haul. Although I have to admit, that having 14-15 weeks to dive into a subject area is so much better than only 10. Okay, back to Tuesdays. Today is the last long Tuesday of the semester. One semester of long Tuesdays down, one more to go. Many of my classmates are taking two classes, unlike a handful of us who are taking three. (They are taking two because the majority of them are working, which I don't understand how one can balance that. I mean, I did that during my master's degree, but that was much different than this.) So last week, one of my classmates said, "Okay everyone, one more week! We're almost there!" Then I piped up, "Well, for most of you there is one more week. For some of us, we still have an exam left." Then he said, "Oh yeah, sorry. Well, one more week for some of us! And Emiko, you can give us the bird when you are completing your degree and the rest of us have another year left because we only took two classes a semester."

No comments:

Post a Comment