Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Bailey Update

Learning about Arab Culture, I grubbed on
some chicken and rice, and learned to
write my name in Arabic
I have passed the mid-way point for the semester. It just kind of happened. One way I could tell was because the students in the Bailey class that I convene were all commiserating about their mid-term exams. Good thing we don't have mid-term exams! I have been so impressed by the students in this class. They are intelligent, thoughtful, creative, funny, and super easy-going. Each class we rotate as a presenter, and that presenter provides a lesson on something they are passionate about or skillful in and then teach us about it. With that said, I've learned a lot! 

I learned about genealogy (as I mentioned before) and I have also learned about Arab culture, slam poetry, crocheting, and how to make Youtube videos and edit them. Tomorrow I present on grant writing - it is a skill I have that the students would like to know about, otherwise I might present on birding :) But I acquiesced and am doing grant-writing. Later in the semester I will be learning about records, debate, genetics, movie producing, and food culture. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment