Thursday, October 8, 2015

Zojirushi!

Many (many) years ago, I worked at a little store called Kitchen Kaboodle ("The KK", We help make your house a home) as a visual merchandiser. This is a Portland, OR store, with a few branches, and I was working at the downtown location putting some things together. I've always been a coffee drinker, and during that time, I used a stellar Nissan Thermos with a flip top to keep everything nice and hot on the go. The downtown location of The KK was notorious for having shoplifters, and I had set my Nissan on a shelf while I was re-arranging some dishes. Then, suddenly, a woman grabbed my coffee mug, a clerk screamed, "Drop it!" and a chase ensued. I was perplexed, because with my back turned, I didn't realize that it was MY mug the woman was stealing. Alas, I lost my travel thermos mug that day. Hopefully the thief dumped my coffee out before using it.

That was almost 10 years ago, and I never completely replaced that mug. Until now. I found the ultimate travel mug, and I use it every day. Each morning, we make an entire pot of coffee, each drink one cup at home, then fill up our travel mugs for our work/school. (Here I will call out that my loving partner commandeered my Nissan "bullet thermos" so I was left with finding something else). But after finding my new mug, I believe that I have the ultimate travel coffee container. Enter, The Zojirushi. I was familiar with this brand because of their rice cookers. One day I might own a Zojirushi rice cooker that plays music to me when the rice is done cooking. But for now, I own the best, and I mean THE BEST travel mug for hot beverages. I once left it at home (scandalous to forget coffee, I know!) and when I got home, it was still hot!! I love this thing. Best part, it doesn't leak! So when I throw it in my bike basket and it drops over on its side because I'm bumbling down the awful Michigan roads, all of the coffee stays put and nothing leaks. I have enough stains in my bag as it is and don't need more. Also,  *I was not paid to advertise for this mug. But seriously, if you're looking for something awesome that doesn't leak and keeps your coffee (or tea) hot all day, this is the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment