Tuesday, October 13, 2015

It Was Nicer Than I Thought

Over the last weekend I did a "practice comp." Without going into too much detail, it was a way for me to practice writing in a short amount of time, especially since I usually take my time and let things roll around in my brain for a while. I like to start with some ideas, create a little outline, maybe draw some pictures, then start writing. Then I'll do this a few more times and over the course of a few weeks and I'll have something worked out and then write a long paper. This time I had to do it in three days, which isn't the end of the world, but I did figure out the best way for me to do this. One thing that I learned through the process was that stepping away from my work is incredibly helpful. I basically mimicked what I usually do over the course of two or three weeks into a weekend. With that said, I did a nice long run on Sunday.

I'm getting to the point where I am able to enjoy my surroundings instead of just sucking in air and trying to make it through the length of my run. And what is so wonderful about it these days is that the leaves are changing, and as I've written about before, it is so freakin' beautiful here. I finally made it to a new spot on my run, down around a park called Hawk Island. So pretty! Indeed, the practice comp was nicer than I thought it would be, and my jog on Sunday morning to literally step away from it was even nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment