Monday, February 9, 2015

The Joy of Used Books

I've become much more thrifty since being a grad student again, particularly when it comes to buying books. I weigh the pros and cons of buying used books (over-the-top highlighting, underlining, or constant scribbles of comments in the margins) so I usually go with at least the "good" rating for a book if I'm buying it online. However, I do get little gems every once in a while when I buy used; little notes from previous owners in the margins that I find enlightening, phone numbers, and in one stats book, the previous owner wrote in all the answers. Recently, for one of my books this semester, I found this little wonder. I have NO idea what this is about because the book is a survey on college students. In case you can't read it clearly, I've re-typed its cryptic message for you here. (all type-os included).

The apple is small and round. There is a bad spot on the top. I am hungry so am imagining eating the apple. The apple is red and greed with black spots. The apple does not have a stem. Too small for candid or carmel.

What?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment