Wednesday, February 11, 2015

She's Talking, What is She Saying?

Since the start of this semester, each Wednesday morning I mentally check-off another Tuesday night. Five Down. During my 6 hours of classes, I probably change my mind about what I think about these classes about 4 times in each class. It goes something like this:

Students Class, EAD 966 - "Hm, good point. Maybe I shouldn't dread this class so much." "Oh, I'm annoyed, I hate this class." "Nevermind, it's okay. I can deal with this." "Huh?"

Teaching and Learning Class, EAD 968 - "Hm, well, I didn't think of it that way, okay. I can make it through the class." "Oh! I feel inspired! Great conversation!" "Wait, WHAT?!?" "I kind of understand." "I can't take another 5 minutes of this class."

This back and forth mental tennis match is tiring. I try not to exhaust myself over-thinking these classes, but they seem to be stirring up a lot for me. I can't figure out why. I also don't think I need to figure out why right now. Last night, however, I was really not there. I was making a comment on one of the readings, and I heard a little voice in my head say to me (while I was still talking out loud) "I can hear you talking but I have no idea what you are saying."

Maybe it's just brain overload. Ten more weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment