Sunday, February 15, 2015

Proof-Reading Round Robin

One of the biggest things I've learned during this program is to have a proof-reader. I am about to turn in my first paper for one of my core classes, and so my reading group and I did our round-robin reading. We swap papers and edit them for one another. For this, I am extremely grateful. It helps me to get out of my own head, especially because when I focus too much on one paper I assume that all of my ideas are clearly stated. It also means that I have to be on top of writing because we usually swap the weekend before the paper is due. Thus, I handed off a version yesterday afternoon and got it back last night, so today I just need to roll in the feedback, edit again, and voila! It's done. And it's not due until Tuesday. Now I can focus on other things, or find a moment of rest. It is invaluable to have others read my work, provide feedback, and fix all my little mis-haps during the writing process.


No comments:

Post a Comment