Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Little By Little

We turned a major corner this weekend on the bathroom remodel. Actually, Kevin did all the work while I did homework. I did help put the tub back in place, but that didn't take very long. Without saying too much more now, I'll provide here a photo collage with commentary of what went down:

Getting ready to move the tub. Moving the tub. Looking at the where the tub was.
Anyway, as I alluded to, we (I use the universal we here) lifted the tub out, and then replaced all the rotting subfloor that was underneath it. Our friend Jason came over to help, which was a huge plus.

There are some things I didn't want to know about my house. But I found them out when we moved the tub and undid the plumbing. And then I cleaned 65 years worth of disgusting from inside our pipes.

Here is the floor at the drain end of the tub. You can see where it is all rotted out, not to mention weird insulation that was placed underneath the tub. Pretty crumbly, and dusty and well, just overall gross.

Removing old floor and prepping for new floor

Here's where we put the tub while working on the floor -- and... New Floor! (well, sub-floor, but so important!

No comments:

Post a Comment