Thursday, September 3, 2015

End of Summer Camping

The masterful coxswain
We finally made it camping this summer during one of our last weekends before school starts. A friend of ours from Seattle was visiting some other good friends of ours in Chicago, and it just so happened that we had already been planning a camping trip the same weekend she would be in the Midwest, so we joined the camping party! I haven't been large group car camping in ages, and it was rather nice to just sit under a tarp, talk, eat food made by the fire, and of course, do lake activities because we went to Pinckney State Park, full of lots of lakes. The group of us rented canoes during one day and it was so wonderful, minus that fact that I forgot that when I get in and out of the water the bug juice washes off my feet leaving me as easy prey to my arch nemesis, The Mosquito. Needless to say I came home with about 23 bites shared between my two feet. But this did not spoil any fun. The state of Michigan is beautiful, and I am so thankful I have been able to get out and enjoy a lot of it this summer. This trip was made especially excellent because it was shared with such good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment