Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Move

The big empty room, waiting to be filled (that's my
sister-in-law there in the backyard, I'm so glad they got
to see the house before they left for Seattle!)
Things have been busy here in Lansing and beyond. I was in Chicago last week for a conference with some of my old peeps in the nonprofit world. More on that in another post. When I returned, Kevin and I were ready to host my brother-in-law and sister-in-law because they are driving across the country to move to Seattle. They are leaving Boston, and moving on to the Emerald City. (I don't blame them!) In tow is their lovely cat Pigeon, who I absolutely adore. The only shame is that I am allergic to cats, but she seemed to settle into our house nicely, until it was time to put her back into her carry-on case and drive west.

Once they were gone, Kevin and I began packing again, putting away all of the last things into boxes, and getting ready to move it to the new house. We picked up the truck on Sunday morning, and moved until almost 10pm. Fortunately, a friend came over to help move the really heavy items (ahem, all of Kevin's welding stuff and table saw, etc. etc. and maybe some of my heavy items too...) We only moved about a mile and a half north of where we were living before, but the change in scenery is quite amazing. Our first night here, in complete exhaustion, I whispered to Kevin, "it's so quiet here." I think I'm going to like this new neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment