Monday, July 6, 2015

Procrasti-What??

My summer class is finally over. And I mean FINALLY. The last class was last Thursday, and although I had a final paper to turn in, my very reasonable professor told the class that we could turn it in on Sunday. It is my nature to turn things in on time, and I had every intention of turning this paper in on the actual syllabus due date, which was Thursday July 2nd. But I just couldn't bring myself to complete it by Thursday. I worked on it during the weekend before, and I reworked it on the day before, and then had every intention of going home after that class and finishing it.. but I didn't. So I woke up on Friday, July 3rd, and worked on it some more. I spent about 3 hours on it, and I could feel myself getting closer... but I just couldn't do it. I don't know what came over me, and as I shared this sentiment with Kevin, he commented on my procrastination. I was kind of taken aback, and I thought, "Procrastination? I never do that! I'm just a little stuck or something. I'm working through some ideas." But alas, he was right in his assessment. I was procrastinating to the max. The problem with this, of course, is that I often become apathetic the closer I get to a due date and the less I have finished. I didn't get completely apathetic about this paper, but I did kind of cut it off at the end. Rather abruptly. You know when you wrap a present for someone, and the wrapping paper is super awesome, sparkly, colorful, wrapped really well? And then you think, I should put a bow on this, but all you have is an old shoelace? That's basically how I finished off my paper.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment