Thursday, July 30, 2015

Putting Things Into Place

Look at this choice light fixture. It has
two others that match. It will be replaced. But
the bookshelf is done!
It's been a little over a week since we moved into our new house, and things are finding their places. Kevin and I may have a lot of things (trinkets, tchotchkes, knickknacks) but they all have their special place. When we moved from Seattle I shouldn't have been surprised that our one bedroom apartment filled a three bedroom house. Everything in its place! Now in our new home we are finding new places for all of our things. And this is something I really love doing. Even though right now I'm tired of unpacking boxes, the process of arranging and finding the little spaces for everything is really exciting for me. When I was a kid I used to rearrange my bedroom a lot - I remember my mom would come down the hall to my bedroom, having not seen me in a couple of hours, and then find all of my bedroom furniture in the middle of the room as I rearranged everything and found a new place for it. This attribute of mine also helped me when I was a visual merchandiser for a few years. It was a pretty interesting job, and I do miss it sometimes. It was a great way to be creative, and I never thought I could get paid to make spaces pretty. The new house in Groesbeck is getting closer to having all of its rooms situated. Next up, some cosmetic remodeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment