Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Returning of the Books

The is half of what I checked-out this
semester, and the last stack to go back.
The end is near. Tomorrow I will be turning in my final paper for the semester, of which I am completely overjoyed about and also exhausted from. (For sure, overjoyed that it will be turned in). This final paper is also the one I'm most interested in; it's my independent study which I have gotten to have a lot of control over. Having all that control is both a blessing and curse, of course. When I started this project, I was very enthusiastic. I am still in large part, very enthusiastic about my project. However at the beginning of the semester this enthusiasm manifests into trips to the library where I have a couple of books I want to check out, then end up walking out with an armload. I do this a few times throughout the semester. I may not read them all, but I do this as a "just in case" tactic. Now, with the end of the semester in sight, I can officially perform the returning of the books ritual. Or, if I were in an A.A. Milne story, it would be titled "In Which Emiko Returns All of Her Library Books."

No comments:

Post a Comment