Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Running in the Dark

Running headlamp selfie!
It's an interesting feeling to wake up and go for a run at 6:30 because I want to, not because I am training or have to for any reason. When it snowed here a couple of weeks ago I was truly bummed out because I really wanted to go running and wasn't able to (I am still trying to figure out how to keep this up when it really starts to snow). This morning I went for a jog and used my headlamp. I've done this a couple of times before, especially since the time changed - even though there are street lamps I still need a lamp for some areas of my run where the street or sidewalk is uneven. Recall that Michigan roads are terrible. It's usually nice and peaceful in the morning, in the dark. There are a few folks leaving their houses, but mostly it's just me and my footfall. I love having the silence in the morning to clear my head first thing in the morning. With the close of the semester my mind has been a monkey, jumping up and down before my alarm goes off and running circles inside my skull so I have to either 1) get up and do some studies or 2) go running. This morning I opted for running, and then did an hour of studies before I headed to campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment