Saturday, December 19, 2015

Gettin' the Craft On

The epoxy is drying
Today was the kind of day that I've been waiting for since I finished my semester. It's odd how long it takes me to calm down (although I still have some projects I'm trying to work on). But now that I have finally had a weekend to just do nothing, I crafted. So (Spoiler Alert!) I had some last minute inspiration and made some Christmas gifts. I have been wanting to make some gifts but had not felt inspired UNTIL NOW. I got the crafty bug and went for it today. When Kevin and I demolished our bathroom, we saved as much of the tile as we could, partly because we couldn't see it just going to the dump, but also because we hoped there might be some other use or someone else to love this lovely blue tile. So, with all this wonderful blue tile that is perfectly sized at 4.25 inches by 4.2 inches, they obviously make the perfect size for coasters. I'll just say 1) I used a lot of gel medium and 2) there was epoxy involved. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment