Sunday, June 7, 2015

Kicks

My new kicks found color inspiration from
the Golden Girls' home in Miami
I decided over the weekend to pay a visit to an athletic store and buy some new jogging shoes. I have a certain way that I buy jogging shoes. It consists of me brining in my current pair, showing them to the salesperson and asking, "Can you please bring me the newest version of this shoe?" I found the perfect shoe for me about 8 years ago, and since then I have purchased several pairs in exactly the same way (bringing in the old pair and asking for the new version). One year, I thought I would mix things up and try a different shoe. That was a terrible idea. After having the new shoe for about three weeks and trying a few different jogs, I had to return them. Thankfully, folks who sell running shoes know that it takes time to figure out if something is going to fit, so the store took them back. I returned them with my old pair and said, "Just give me the new version of this" and was once again, happy as a clam. So yesterday I went for a little jog to try out my new shoes and, of course, they were perfect. Why change something that works?

No comments:

Post a Comment