Friday, May 6, 2016

Up Close and Personal

Finally it's Friday. Although as a grad student, saying it's Friday doesn't really mean anything. But now that my semester is over, it kind of means something! My "work" week is over. Unfortunately I agreed to do some research data collection for my advisor so I'll need to stuff that in this weekend. But I'm sure it will be better than last weekend, when we had an opportunity to get up close and personal with our house. It started last Saturday morning, after I came home from a run (training run!). As I opened the side door Kevin was there, and announced that we had a "home owners issue" and that there was "fecal matter" on our basement floor. I at first thought we had some kind of rodent, but then after some explanation, turns out our pipes backed up and well, our own human waste had ended up bubbling over and onto the floor. All plans we had for Saturday turned into clean up. All the plans for mudding the walls, or making shelves, or yard work, or you know, RELAXING, were loaded up into our truck as we drove to Home Depot and rented a sewer snake. It was pretty gross, but I'm thankful for team work and good spirits, especially as Kevin threaded the coil down the drain and said, "I've never done this before!" seemingly interested in acquiring a new home improvement skill. Yep, new home owner skill, but I hope we don't have to do it again Ever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh lordy. You two are hilarious. I hope everything worked out ok!

    ReplyDelete