Sunday, March 13, 2016

Downsizing

I took pictures from online catalogues so we
could keep track of what went with what
It was Spring Break last week, and I made a last minute trip out to visit my parents. They are moving out of their house in Spokane, into a community that, according to the website, is "a refreshingly new option for the 55+ crowd!" I'm excited for them to move, and they are eager to be in an apartment where they can "lock and go" (that is their new phrase, which means when they leave town on a trip, they don't have to worry about prepping a large house, or having mail stopped, or whatever, they just lock and go!) I was in Spokane to offer my support in the design realm. The furniture they owned in their house was much too large for their new apartment. So my mom and I spent a few days picking out upholstery, finding just the right funky side chair, looking for coordinating throw pillows, sketching floor plans, and buying four bar stools (buy one get one free!) for their new eating area. It was so much fun! And also amazing to see how my parents have downsized from a large house on the eastern hills of Spokane Valley to prepare for a two bedroom apartment on the South Hill on Spokane.

1 comment: