Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Winter Storm Warning

Good thing I filled the feeder this morning
There are a lot of news items I miss because I'm a full time student. For example, a couple of weeks ago I had no idea that Chipotle was having some issues with its food, and at random, I decided that I'd go get a burrito bowl because I haven't had one in over a year. And because I still subscribe to the idea that Chipotle might be healthy or something, I decided on the burrito bowl and not the Thai food place right next door. Plus, seriously, Thai food in Lansing leaves much to be wanting. When I walked back into my office with my bag someone said, "Ah, yeah, Chipotle, my wife can't eat that stuff anymore." And so I looked at him perplexed. Why can't she eat it? Oh, right, news flash, Chipotle equals salmonella. My burrito bowl went straight into the garbage.

This week, I was not aware that we were going to get 5-9 inches of snow. I happened to be sitting in a meeting and someone casually said, "The visiting faculty from South Carolina will be here when all the snow comes." I bolted upright. What? Wednesday afternoon through Thursday? But I have my first guidance committee meeting Thursday morning! Alas. The snow started falling about 11am and it hasn't stopped. I will be making it to campus tomorrow. Because as far as I'm concerned this is no #snowpocolypse it's just a #michiganwinter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment