Wednesday, February 3, 2016

An Attempt at Describing My Interests - Part 2

I may have mentioned before, that if I weren't studying higher education, I would have gone for my degree in sociology. My interest in sociology is more evident these days as I'm focusing some of my writing for a class on social status and social stratification. Admittedly, this influences how I try to understand my own interests and may eventually change them. Nevertheless, I'll attempt to articulate what my interests are presently.

I have two interlocking interests. The first is focused on the individual. I am interested in understanding how individuals negotiate between environments. Put another way, I am interested in studying how individuals interact with their surroundings when there are competing priorities. (I think this makes sense?!?) The second interest is focused on understanding how higher education plays a role in social status.

Remember this is just a draft! In fact, this is my first draft. Maybe it is a mistake to put my first draft into the internet, but I thought I'd go for it anyway; however sloppy and incoherent. Sometimes by writing things down it makes them real, so this is my attempt to make real my interests instead of dancing around them all the time.

Once again, Thank you PhD comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment