Thursday, August 20, 2015

Mom's First Selfie

Here are my folks with Mr and Mrs Meijer at
Meijer Gardens. Oh how I love my mom and dad.
The Blalocks made it to Lansing! We had a visit from my folks last week, and it was so wonderful to have them here to see where we live. I realized that this was the first time I'd ever hosted both of my parents at the same time. Either my mom or dad would come to visit, or if they both came to town they would get a hotel room because I never had enough space in Seattle to host both of them. But now in Lansing I have a home of my own to host them!

One of the best things about having visitors is that I get to go to places that I haven't been to yet. For example, we went to the Henry Ford Museum (never been there, totally out of sight), and also Meijer Gardens. I also took them around the MSU campus, which I found kind of weird, as a 38 year old showing my folks where I go to school, and had lots of time to catch up and talk story. What I think may be the most surprising part about their visit, however, was that my mom got a new phone. And I'm not talking an upgrade from her phone from two years ago. I'm talking an upgrade from her flip phone from almost eleven (yes ELEVEN) years ago. We celebrated by taking selfies and having Siri and Cortana talk to each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment