Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Fresh Water Beaches

When I first moved to Michigan, I was here alone for the first three weeks as Kevin had to go back to Seattle to finish up work there. It took a few days for me to get my bearings, and then I started to explore around Lansing on my bike, then started driving around the state. One place I went was to the coast of Lake Michigan. Over the last weekend, Kevin and I went there to spend the day together. I have only been to the lake a couple of times now, and I think it may take a few more times for me to get used to the fact that it doesn't have a sea smell. It is such a huge body of water that it feels like the ocean, apart from the fact that there is no seaweed, no salty briny smell, no tidepooling, no big crashing waves (until a speed boat goes by). What it does have is soft soft sand, and fresh water, and lapping little waves. It was too frigid to dip my toes in the water, but I know in the summer when it's hot and humid I'll likely return and have a long water walk along the shores.

No comments:

Post a Comment