Thursday, January 12, 2017

Prego Wear

I waited a while to buy maternity pants, and I once I put them on I thought, "Why did I wait so long?!?!?" They are the most comfortable things ever. And I never want to go back to normal pants. While searching for maternity jeans and pants, however, a lot of awful clothing options came up. Why any woman would wear some of the things I've seen in my online shopping I just don't know. So I was curious about what else is available for pregnant women's wear, and OMG there is some awful stuff. Take a look at the little collage I put together.


On a related note, I think the maternity clothing racket might be just second to wedding planning (or as I learn more, child care). Sure, as my body changes I'd love to make sure I don't look like I'm wearing a tent all the time. But the market for maternity clothes and what kind of person buys it doesn't make sense to me. When I see something I think, "I'll look so cute and pregnant in that top!" Then I reconsider because I remember I'll probably only wear it for two months. And the justification for buying a new wardrobe vanishes. Except for maternity pants. I have invested in two pairs and will probably buy another, and that is well worth it. I am currently waiting for my bestie to have her daughter because as she said, "I was given a whole bunch of cute prego wear and I'll ship it to you soon!" And just like that, new wardrobe for free. Thanks to all the pregnant ladies who initially purchased maternity clothes so I could have a free temporary wardrobe starting in about March.

No comments:

Post a Comment