Friday, January 27, 2017

Kitchen Progress

We are making progress on our kitchen remodel! Slowly but surely, Kevin is doing all the work while I toil away on my dissertation proposal and try to keep the house in order. It seems like only yesterday we knocked down the wall and opened up the kitchen side of the house to the living room side of the house. One could say our house is stronger together now. It's amazing when things come together, so much more cohesion. The half partition where the stove will sit is still studs, and the fridge isn't quite in place yet. We (Kevin) has to figure out a tricky puzzle of how to build in a cabinet for our Rev-a-shelf pantry. I'm very excited about this rev-a-shelf pantry. It will add a lot of storage to our kitchen. Even though we knocked out a wall that had several upper cabinets on it, we are actually adding more storage to the kitchen with some fancy layout solutions, while still remaining open concept. This weekend I think we will try to re-do the plumbing so we can prepare to put the new sink and cabinets in on the window side of the kitchen. This is very exciting because, as you can see from the pictures below, we don't really have any cabinets right now. But are making good use of folding tables. And our coffee table in the living room is now our food pantry. And the microwave is in the living room too. And we have a dresser by the front door that has the silverware in it. And the pots and pans are in the red cabinet by the sliding glass door, uh, in the living room. So it takes about 30 extra steps to really do anything in the kitchen because it's a lot of walking back and forth. I don't mind too much though. I do wish I had a step counter, however, because then I could do a comparison for how many extra steps I actually take when a kitchen is spread out over three areas of my house.




No comments:

Post a Comment