Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Below Zero

This morning as I listened to the radio, the weather report stated, "It's about 19 degrees out, but it's gonna feel like it's below zero." I concur. When I step out of the car this morning as Kevin dropped me off on campus, a big gust of wind swooped into my lungs and for a split second I couldn't breathe. It definitely felt below zero. The winter weather has arrived earlier this year than usual. The first year we were here it didn't snow once until January. Then it didn't stop snowing. The second year we were here it snowed just a little at the beginning of December, and went away in a few days. Of course, once the new year began, it snowed steadily. This year, it started with a little snow fall about a week and a half ago. Then about 8 inches arrived on Sunday and another inch Monday, and well, it's currently 19 degrees out, so it's gonna be around for a while. I don't hate the snow, I just hate how it disrupts my life. And I commented this morning, "the snow can be around, just as long as the roads are clear." Thankfully, the roads are clear. At least until it snows again.



1 comment:

  1. Don't mean to brag or anything, but the real temperature in Spokane presently is one (1) degree F. More snow on the way so more opportunity to get in some good skiing. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete