Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Weekend of Laughter and Work

This past weekend Kevin and I went to Chicago to visit some friends. They moved to the Midwest about 3 or 4 months before we did, all of us from Seattle. And when they moved to Chicago they bought a big house, which ended up being a bigger fixer-upper than I think they intended. After many months, we finally were able to go visit and help work on some house projects with them. Although, I admit, I didn't really do much work, because my girlfriend and I spent most of our time relaxing and laughing. Having a house under big construction for a long time can take a toll, and I think both my girlfriend and I just really needed a lot of laughter, her because of the above mentioned house under construction, and me because of being whipped from my semester. I am extremely excited about their house, despite all of the time it has taken. It's going to be a wonderful home for our friends for many years to come. And this week was a big turning point for them, which Kevin and I got to witness. Drywall was delivered, and it will all go up this week. I thought two toilets makes a happy home, apparently walls do too.

Kevin and AG framing out a medicine cabinet space, Kevin and Beth working on a vanity project
which unfortunately failed. But there will be another more beautiful rehab vanity I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment