Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I Got It! It's Education!

Since dropping my quantitative statistics class, I am faced with three courses that require me to write long papers on research topics. Don't get me wrong, this is kind of exciting to me. But I wanted to be strategic about this, and not have to start from the beginning. And by start from the beginning, I mean check out a gazillion books from the library and download articles so I can read about something quickly enough to write coherently about it. This is just the nature of the program. However, now that I have one semester under my belt, I have done a lot of reading that, well, I wouldn't just want to go to waste!

Unfortunately, I am the type of person that has too many interests. I know many people suffer from this, and I am trying to wrangle it so that I don't have to start over every time I begin a new class. One of the skills I am learning is developing questions to link the areas of knowledge together. That way, I may only have to backfill the things I don't know, while also using the things I do. It's rather difficult, however, because my brain sometimes goes into extreme web-making mode, and when I write my ideas down and look for the threads that link them, oftentimes after an hour all I'm left with is "What links these ideas together is .... (drumroll) Education."


No comments:

Post a Comment