Tuesday, September 12, 2017

It's 8:23pm on a Tuesday

Well, here I am. Four months after my last blog post. Its 8:23pm on a Tuesday and the dishwasher is humming, the drying is going, and Kevin is... in the bedroom with a 3 and a 1/2 month old baby.

I won't go into the details, except to say that life is different. I'll save the sobs about how newborns can't do anything. Like really CAN'T DO ANYTHING (eat, poop, pee, burp, digest, sleep, smile, etc). Oh wait, I take that back, they can cry. And they can root around for milk. But other than that, really, uh, nothing else comes to mind. And I'm not harshing on my little baby, because she's absolutely the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing, smiley, crying, fussy, over-tired sometimes, bright-eyed, curious infant I have every known. (I won't divulge my sample size on knowing infants). But seriously, she's amazing and I mean that totally objectively of course (can you hear my whispering "she's advanced for her age"?). But having a baby is hard. Turning 40 two months after you have a baby is hard. Trying to make revisions on a dissertation proposal with a baby after turning 40 is hard. But it's also one of the most miraculous events in my life. I'll spare the gritty details, and just post a bunch of baby pictures for now*. Later I'll write about my meltdown with imposter syndrome and my revisions to my dissertation (fun times!)

*This post is for you, Bev.

Here's my chunky monkey at 3 months!


First time with a cloth diaper (and mesmerized by the ceiling fan)
Visiting with her NEW BEST FRIEND Petra who came to see us from Seattle




1 comment:

  1. Yep, she is the most beautiful little human I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete