Sunday, December 13, 2015

Big Home Improvements

This weekend was a weekend of big house projects. I turned in my last paper Saturday morning, and then after going for a run, and reading the news and having some coffee, I thought about what to do with myself. This has happened now after each semester, the feeling of not being really sure about what to do with myself now that I don't have school work. (Technically, I do have some things to do, like prep a little for my comprehensive exams. But I wanted at least a weekend off from anything school related for 48 hours).

So yesterday as I was sipping my coffee, Kevin and I looked at the wall on the south side of the house and decided it might be time to paint it. We have had six paint chips up there for over two months now, and we already knew what color we wanted. So it was really just a matter of picking up a gallon and going for it. Since the bathroom is also being worked on, I took on the project of the wall. This is also somewhat comical given that I am a terrible interior painter. Really. I'm not good at painting. You can ask my old housemate in Seattle, who gently said to me as he and I painted the dining room, "Hey, how about you take a break? I can take care of the rest" after I botched the trim. A lot of work was done on the bathroom, too. All the sheetrock is up, the seams are sealed, concrete is on the floor, and we're just about ready to start tiling. So. Close. It has been nice to use this weekend for projects. It has gotten my mind clear of any school anxiety (because sometimes it still lingers for no reason) and also try to get our house more into a livable abode.

While Kevin mixed thinset, I painted. The paint is a grey blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment